SPOILER ALERT!

The Goddess Inheritance

The Goddess Inheritance - Aimee Carter

Love or life.
Henry or their child.
The end of her family or the end of the world.
Kate must choose.

During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can't stop her--until Cronus offers a deal.

In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, the King of the Titans will spare humanity and let Kate keep her child. Yet even if Kate agrees, he'll destroy Henry, her mother and the rest of the council. And if she refuses, Cronus will tear the world apart until every last god and mortal is dead.

With the fate of everyone she loves resting on her shoulders, Kate must do the impossible: find a way to defeat the most powerful being in existence, even if it costs her everything.

Even if it costs her eternity.

From the very page of the Goddess Test I was hooked then Goddess Interrupted was just as good if not better than its predecessor, so when I finally got around to picking this one up I expected it be just as good…
This one was the worst in the series and it sucks because it’s the last book! I fell for this series because I am a sucker for mythology especially Greek, and the fact that the Persephone myth is one of my favorites. I enjoyed Carter's take on the myth and quickly found myself falling for the characters. Kate was my all-time favorite character because she was strong, independent, fiery, selfless, and she didn't take no for an answer. Even in the novella the Goddess Hunt, she stood up to Walter and everybody else, and I loved her for it, which means a lot because I have a hard time finding I female lead character that I honestly, truly love.
In this book the Kate that I have come to love completely wilted away. While I can understand the way she acted the way she did and her decisions and actions, it made this book in my opinion horrible. Some things Kate did and said made me stop for a second and ask “are you fucking stupid?” or “are you kidding me right now?” after about a hundred pages I was tired of her, and desperately wanted to read from another person’s POV. And another thing I found that made this book so annoying was how redundant it was. I mean Kate I get it you love henry you’re not going to cheat on him, and we all know that you and James are just friends; I got all that after the first time you said it IN THE FIRST BOOK no need for you constantly repeat over the span of this book, I GET IT!
Now onto Ava, at the beginning of the book I was completely angry with her just like Kate, but unlike Kate I got over it quickly. Ava was doing all those things to save her husband, when the person you love is in danger you will do absolutely anything to protect them no matter what, but Kate couldn’t see that even though she was willing to do anything to protect her family. That was another reason why I just couldn’t like Kate; even though she repeatedly said that she understood why Ava did the things she did, but she just couldn’t forgive her but then at the end of the book she is willing to visit Cronus every once and a while just to let him know that he is not alone after he killed Ava and millions of people! That was something I just could not understand. The other characters in this book where kind of dull in my eyes also. Henry was annoying, James was alright, Dylan was a dickhead (but he made me laugh), Diana was eh, Walter was eww (he is basically a villain), Calliope was an evil, psychotic bitch (but once I stopped to think about it I could totally understand her hatred towards Kate), the only character in this whole entire book that I truly loved was Milo!
This book let me down so much but I am glad that I read it because all the other books in this series are still absolute favorites of mine. Even though I did not enjoy this book there are still a few things that I liked about it, so it was all BAD just most of it.